- Ian Jukes: Learning Environments for Digital Kids
- Helen Barrett: Multiple Purposes of Digital Stories and Podcasts in ePortfolios
Describes the many uses of digital stories in electronic portfolios
- Mike Muir: Doing 1-to-1 Computing Right
It is clear from the work of dedicated educators involved in technology initiatives that simply giving students and teachers laptops doesn’t mean that there will be a positive impact on the students and learning. Doing 1to1 well is more complex and involved than that.
- Dr. Tim Tyson, Mabry School
The principal of Mabry Middle School discusses how Mabry, in just over five years, has made learning irresistible by closing the gap between content and meaningfulness in the classroom. Students are both content-creators and standard-setting, world-wide publishers of digital media.
- Joyce Valenza with Ken Rodoff: Information Fluency Meets Web 2.0
To be most effective, workers of the future will need to creatively combine several relatively traditional skills with emerging information and communication tools.
- Christopher Moersch: Using 21st-Century Skills to Increase Student Achievement
LoTi Project Schools are 21st Century Learning Environments. Forty- eight LoTi Project Schools are employing 21st Century Skills to bring more H.E.A.T. (Higher order thinking, Engaged learning, Authentic, real world opportunities, and Technology efficiency) to their continuous improvement efforts at the classroom level.
- Adora Svitak: Flying Fingers
Child prodigy/author, Adora Svitak, shares her insight on expression, creativity, and her work as an author.