Thursday – ClassJournals: An Invaluable, Interactive, Cloud-Based Tool for Every Digital Classroom
Thursday – Ignite
Friday – A Collaborative Partnership Comes Full Circle: Celebrate Differences! Celebrate Collaboration! Celebrate Creativity!
Dr. Christie's 7C Model
To what extent does an app or instructional strategy allow students and teachers to:
- Create (write, draw, make movies, make music, etc.);
- Connect (reach out and connect with others locally or globally, F2F or virtually);
- Communicate (talk with others, share ideas, publicize creations, etc.);
- Collaborate (work, write, draw, brainstorm with others);
- Contextualize (view from a more global context, relate one idea with another, relate one content area with another, see interrelationships);
- Critique (think critically about issues or ideas; evaluate relevance, reliability, credibility, authority, or accuracy); and
- Choose (topic, tool, process).
Use numerous Google tools for teaching and learning including:
Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, and Maps;
Loupe Collage, Lucid Chart, and Pixlr Editor;
Integrate Google Apps seamlessly into your classroom instruction;
Use Google Apps to streamline and organize your teaching;
Collaborate with other teachers or create collaborative groups of students;
Create student-centered classrooms where students take greater responsibility for their own learning; and
Use Dr. Christie’s 7C Model to enhance your teaching and provide tools that encourage students to create, collaborate, communicate, connect, contextualize, critique, and choose.