ABOUT DR. CHRISTIE
A Lifelong Educator
Dr. Alice A. Christie, Arizona State University President's Professor Emeritus, received her Ph.D. in Educational Technology and Language and Literacy from Arizona State University in 1995. She served in the College of Teacher Education and Leadership at Arizona State University from 1995 until her retirement in late 2008. Prior to this, she taught for twenty-five years in K-12 schools.
Currently, she speaks and conducts workshops nationally and internationally on how technology can enhance teaching and learning.
With over forty-five years of experience as an educator, numerous awards for teaching excellence, vast knowledge of how to integrate technology in teaching and learning, and an internationally acclaimed Web site, Dr. Alice Christie presents enlightening, empowering, and relevant workshops to K-12 educators.
She became a Google Certified Teacher in 2010 and she provides face-to-face and virtual workshops on using Google tools in educational environments.
Honors & Awards
- 2015 – International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE) Refresh Working Group
- 2010 – Google Certified Teacher (London 2010: Google Teacher Academy)
- 2010 – International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Making IT Happen Award
- 2009 – International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Best of the Best Award
- 2008 – International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Best of the Best Award
- 2007 – International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Best of the Best Award
- 2007 – Boston University Wilde Society Outstanding Alumna Award
- 2006 – Arizona Technology in Education Alliance (AzTEA) Leadership and Service Award
- 2005 – Arizona State University President's Professor
- 2005 – Founding Fellow: Arizona State University Distinguished Teaching Academy
- 2004 – Arizona State University Award for Service Excellence
- 2003 – ASU Outstanding Commitment to Students Award
- 2003 – Professor of the Year Carnegie Foundation Nominee
- 2002 – Arizona State University Multicultural Students Outstanding Faculty Award
- 2000 – Arizona State University Multicultural Students Outstanding Faculty Award
- 1999 – Arizona Professor of the Year for Technology Integration
- 1999 – Arizona State University Award for Teaching Excellence
- Workshop Participants
- Dr. Christie is engaging and her enthusiasm is contagious.
- This was such a wonderful day of hands-on learning by the inspiring Alice Christie. I think this presentation was just what we needed to lead us into a new level of STEM/STEAM.
- The Most Practical seminar I have ever attended! Dr. Christie keptthe teachers' attention by modeling content. Bravo!
- Awesome presentation – Dr. Christie gave a lot of examples, resources, hands-on practice. Provided participants with many instructional/questioning strategies. Very engaging!
- Love, Love, Love this!!! I have always wanted this type of learning in schools for my own children. So excited to incorporate this into my classroom. Love the interactive seminar.
- I love the way technology is used as a supplement for learning rather than as the main focus. Skills built with technology, then used at an organic pace.
- Dr. Christie is an excellent educator and presenter. She is a wealth of ideas and has inspired me to launch STEM Learning in the artroom.